Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hand wash or Car wash?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Apr 10, 2005.

?

Hand wash or Car Wash?

1. Car wash

27.7%
  2. Car wash but bring bucket and sponge

4.6%
  3. Carwash undercarriage only

10.8%
  4. Handwash with only spicket pressure only

36.9%
  5. Got a powersprayer

20.0%
  6. I like it muddy.

16.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Hand wash or Car wash?

I spent $8.00 at the car wash this morning just mostly spraying the undercarriage. Got to do something else. Maybe buy a power sprayer. Who has one and what kind, psi output, electric or gas, and how much.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Dad has a pressure washer. He picked it up at an auction in town. Township was selling its old equipment. No idea on specs but it works well. I always just do the car wash. Sure I spend $10 a shot but it gets the job done and looks pretty good when I leave. If it were a vehicle I cared a lot about(like my dad's Firebird) it would be straight hand wash.

Oh and I'm tired of mud. Mud on a trail is fine but mudding is old for me(did it yesterday and didn't enjoy it)

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I really only go to the carwash for the high pressure stuff to knock mud off. If it's just dusty, I wash it in the driveway.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I hardly ever go to a car wash. xcept sometimes in the winter to get the road salt off. Guess I an just cheap. Seems like a waste of time and money to wait in line to pay to do something I can do at home for free.
    I have a powerwasher + Wash all my cars the old fashioned way with a hose,bucket, brush, rag and soap.
    You can get a cheap electric pressure washer at Wall mart/ Home depo for around 80.00. That is what I have. It works great for washing cars and other household uses like driveway cleaning, Paint stripping, Engine cleaning ECT. I have definatly got my moneys worth out of mine.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think I'm going too buy one of those Mr. Clean Auto-Dry car wash kits. I'd still go to a car wash for heavy mud, but that Auto-Dry looks like it'd be good for the daily drive dust and light dirt flakes.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

2nd that.

I just like getting out and working with my hands if I have time. Washing, waxing, polishing is like therapy. If I'm rushed though we have a 5.00 car wash I run through.

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Y'all wash your trucks? Huh. Who'd a thunk it. :dunno: :screwy:

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

I have this one, it has a pulse feature that will clean the hell out of anything,if your not carefull it will peel the paint off . It goes to about 3000 psi :cool1:,, ran about 1500.00

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

With the tree catcher (roof rack) and the full size spare on top, mine won't fit in a car wash. :frown1:

10. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

After its had a mud bath, if theres a DIY carwash nearby, ill drop in 2 or 3 bucks wortha quarters and knock off the big stuff so it dont fly off on the drive home (if its over 10 or so miles away), then when I get home, get one of our hosepipes, stick a sprinkler under the truck, as I pressure wash the whole truck, top & bottom. Then, Ill handwash the top of the truck & the motor. Then I spend the rest of the time gettin mud out of the hard to get to areas, to keep it from rusting out. Yes Im slightly insane, but my truck doesnt have a lick of rust. :D

if its just regular dirty, Ill handwash it, infact, this past weds I waxed it too......mainly cause all my clearcoat is gone & the rag turns the color of the truck when I wash it, i desperatly need to get it painted.

11. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

We have a carwash around here that has an "open" bay, very convenient.

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Kind of OT, but I saw the Mr/ Clean commefcial on TV. Could they make that thing look MORE like a gun or what? Jesus, what blatancy.

Super pulse ray action, soap feed double stack magazines.

*guy slams a soap mag in and starts blasting*

13. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

we have a 3000psi commercial heated pressurewasher. pump runs on 110v house current, boiler runs on diesel. i think it was 3k new. i only use it for underframe degreasing and mud removal. it'll take the paint right off if you want it to. hose and bucket for normal washes.

14. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have two washers one 3500 PSI gasoline and it is really too big. I will damage stuff if you're not careful. I also have a 2600 PSI w/ a 6 hp Tecumseh engine and it does great. It doesn't have hot water like the larger washer does but for cleaning the engine bay and in tight spots it works great. I think it cost around $350. I don't know for sure cuz my wife bought it for me for Christmas (along with $1k cash for me to spend on my truck :saweet: . Got it from Northern Tool and Equipment.

15. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I usually run it through the wash to knock off the big stuff and then come home and do it by hand.

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

DD goes to the drive thru whenever its dirty. :crazy:

The Blazer gets washed by God unless its got salt on it then I pressure wash it when the snow melts :laugh:

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i thought it was a filter, takes all the minerals out of the water that cause spots

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What the HELL were you searching for to bring this up?

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've been using the car wash for the last few years since we park over dirt, but now that we have a driveway, I plan to hand wash and wax them often.

20. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Wash???

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: