Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Handheld CBs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Aug 8, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Anybody have one? Are they any good? How is the reception compared to mobile CBs?

2. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

if you're gonna be using it in your rig while you're on the road then it will not work as well as a moble with and antenna on the roof or something. usually the watts are a little low on the handhelds.
    if i'm on a road trip i usually give my handheld to the other car and rig up a mag mount antenna and plug the radio into the cig. lighter hole so we can keep in touch on the road....
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT.

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I had one of the Cobra handheld(it was around $100) it was a real nice little cb. In the vehicle it didn't work too good, probably because I didn't have the external ant. like Hayduke was talking about. I bought it for a weekend tip and did a bad thing by taking it back when I got home(I'm a bad boy!!!) :)

I will buy another when I get some extra cash, it came in handy for scouting ahead on the trail on foot and being able to tell the lead vehicle what was coming up and if we could push on.

They could use some more watts though, I wonder if someone could juice them up like a regular CB, Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com