Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hanging a 208 straight down..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by suburban n progress, Nov 16, 2005.

1. suburban n progress

suburban n progress Registered Member

Is it possible..to take a 208 and hang it straight down.. i was told that the 6 studs and hanging the 208 down will work with the removal of one stud?? Seal over with rtv. Problem is lack of money for a 60 and a m37 divorce case and all the blah blah blah associated with the big boy turning toys but my suburban has 42's on it and a lot of lift where the front drive shaft is not happy..If i could hang the 208 down that would put my front shaft near stock degree again and make life easier just to go in 4x4 to pull out the local jeeps..IF this has been done id like to see or be explained how, im no rock crawler just a weekend recovery truck for the jeep guys or whoever gets stuck here in the florida mud.

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Just get a clocking ring and do it the right way. It only cost about $67 bucks from Great Lakes Offroad I believe. Clocking rings are not for just moving the T-case up it allows you to rotate it any direction. The problem would be with your driveshaft rotating toward the center of your rig as well as how to shift the T-case.

Ira

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

and it wont oil correctly.......

4. suburban n progress

never thought of it not oiliing correctly...wow..hmm..if i could clock it past the crossmember that would be awsome..problem is cv hitting that thing.. other redneck way i was told was to get a spacer for the tranny mount and space it out at the frame like i was only lowering the xmember, seems ligit..How far can u clock a 208 down..

5. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Eliminate the CV joint and just run single u-joints at each end. Single u-joints take alot more angle than a CV-joint.

troy

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

How much lift is "a lot"? You may need to add a second, divorced case.

7. suburban n progress

12'' of lift.. but i did however come into the ownership of a np200 so thats has probably fixed everything :D Now is the long process of getting shafts built