Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hankook tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by grey88, Dec 14, 2006.

1. grey88

grey88 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i got a set of 265/75/R16 hankook dynamic MTs on my truck and i was wondering what you guys thought of them. i noticed that they seemed to start hummin and had a vibration in my front end even after i changed the brakes. i had them balanced and rotated and the vibration seems to be the same but now i got a squealin from my rear end and they seem to hum louder and one of the guys at the shop i work at said they were a really crapy tire. their really aggressive but they seem to be really noisy, and i was just wondering what you guys think about them. i'm thinkin about gettin some less agresive AT uniroal liberators but i was just curious about what u guys think about the hankooks. thanks.

2. prairie

prairie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Am on my third set of 235/75R16 Hankooks and have been well satisfied. Run them on a pretty much stock 91 Chevy 4x4 pickup around our farm/ranch. Go where I want and need to through mud and snow, and the tires have not been at fault when I've needed an assist. Mostly gravel/dirt roads and some pavement, with plenty of pasture/crop field miles. I don't go out of my way to go wheelin but do it when necessary. Also are much cheaper to replace when damaged beyond repair, which seems to happen at least once with every set of tires. Road noise and tire life are tolerable considering the agressive tread.
    Don't think they run as many miles as the 23 degree Firestones I used to run, but I don't rotate as often as I should either. My Dad tried a set of Hankooks, but did not get near the miles as his previous sets of Firestones. His miles are about evenly split between gravel and pavement, and pulls a 26' stock trailer about half those miles. He went back to Firestones on this last set, but they seem to be wearing quickly on the rear. He has a set of Hankooks on another pickup and has been satisfied.

Overall good tires for dual purpose at a moderate price.