Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hank's 4x4 Jamboree Pics!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jhrody, Aug 27, 2003.

1. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Hank\'s 4x4 Jamboree Pics!

Dude, you were at Hank's? Why didn't you say anything to me?

That's my buddy Art's truck getting smoked by that Ford Ranger in the dirt drags! Oooh you got a shot of that awesome blue shortbox that's been there the last two years. And the Duramax that smoked everyone beating the monster truck! And that's my buddy Jud's red and beige K30 pulling truck. That green K5 is awesome too, that guy is gonna come wheelin' with us soon. The yellow K5 is a friend of a friend of mine named Dave, it has a big block in it (notice the WFO written on the side).

And how the hell you managed to get nearly all of my friend's trucks pictured except my friend Coop's big orange K30, my shortbox K10 with 38s, and my other friend Josh's "Chevy Scout" that won Tough Truck, I still don't know.

WTF gives? All that show I put on for the crowd during the mud bogs and you didn't snap a pic of my truck? Hell, I even went through the mud on SATURDAY, one of like 10 trucks.

3. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude, you were at Hank's? Why didn't you say anything to me?

That's my buddy Art's truck getting smoked by that Ford Ranger in the dirt drags! Oooh you got a shot of that awesome blue shortbox that's been there the last two years. And the Duramax that smoked everyone beating the monster truck! And that's my buddy Jud's red and beige K30 pulling truck. That green K5 is awesome too, that guy is gonna come wheelin' with us soon. The yellow K5 is a friend of a friend of mine named Dave, it has a big block in it (notice the WFO written on the side).

And how the hell you managed to get nearly all of my friend's trucks pictured except my friend Coop's big orange K30, my shortbox K10 with 38s, and my other friend Josh's "Chevy Scout" that won Tough Truck, I still don't know.

WTF gives? All that show I put on for the crowd during the mud bogs and you didn't snap a pic of my truck? Hell, I even went through the mud on SATURDAY, one of like 10 trucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    uuhh dude...I posted 2-3 times seeing who the F was going and didn't hear from you! If you would have replied, I would have known to look for you and maybe been able to snap some specific pics! Kinda hard chasing down 200+ vehicles.

I didn't bring my K5-- I brought my Dak. I left early Saturday and didn't take most of the pics until Sunday.

I'm glad I didn't try to stay until the end on Saturday, as I heard they didn't finish until 1am.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go down to the midwest K5 thing forum and see my post on this exact issue. It was weeks ago that I posted that. This year was my 3rd Jamboree.

On the pics, it's cool. I just can't believe you didn't accidently snap a pic of my truck since you got all my friends!

Show ended at 1030 pm on Saturday. They finished the truck pulls Sunday and did the back to backs after the mud bogs on Sunday.

5. jhrody

jhrody 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Go down to the midwest K5 thing forum and see my post on this exact issue. It was weeks ago that I posted that. This year was my 3rd Jamboree.

On the pics, it's cool. I just can't believe you didn't accidently snap a pic of my truck since you got all my friends!

Show ended at 1030 pm on Saturday. They finished the truck pulls Sunday and did the back to backs after the mud bogs on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked out the section you posted in. I never even thought of checking there before, cuz I'm a bluebie (for now)...i can't post there but I forgot that I still can view.

Did you have the white truck that broke just after the pit? The post in the midwest forum reminded me.....My cam batteries went dead minutes before you ran. I had to go back to the show field to get charged batteries.

By the way, you had some serious dark smoke coming out of the back of your transfer case as you were exiting the pit. Sure youre t-case isn't screwed up as well? You prolly would have been fine if you didn't hotdog it as you were getting away from the pit area. I saw the dry patch of ground that you hit while spinning the wheels at high speed.

I hope you get it fixed up though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hate to bring back an old post, but I'd forgotten about this.

No my truck isn't white, no it didn't break, (except for my front axleshaft on Sunday, on Saturday it made a full pullin the mud pit with no issues) no I didn't hit any dry patch of ground exiting the pit and then have my tires come to a screaching halt. I'm not that stupid as to do something that damaging to a truck.

I am interested in knowing who had dark smoke coming from their transfer case though. How can your trasnfer case smoke dark?

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

I don't even need to say it do I /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Looks like a decent place to mount a plow /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Its a jeep thing, I dont understand.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you think THAT's bad, you haven't seen anything!

10. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I never did understand why heep and some scout owners like those long shackles. Just doesn't make any kind of sense to me.

Kris

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

its the easy way out, rather than do a spring over /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I like this truck. Make me think maybe my truck could use a cowl induction hood. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    [​IMG]

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It's too bad nobody took pics of FordZilla, which was on the front cover of Fourwheeler magazine a while back.

Also, there was a crewcab extended cab there on 38s, it's been there the last three years, its pretty sweet.

The 6 door crewcab that graced the cover of Fourwheeler was also there last year and the year before, but was nowhere to be found this year.

If that blue K5 is the one I think it is, the owner (or someone that used to own it) is a real [darn] and beats the snot out of it. It used to drive around my town in 1st gear a lot because that's the only gear it ever had. It pounded pavement exclusively as well.