Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hank's 4x4 Jamboree

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Aug 19, 2003.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hank\'s 4x4 Jamboree

La Salle, Illinois. This weekend. I'll see you guys there. My truck is blue and silver and has, "Built, not bought" in the windshield in huge homeade letters.

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Hank\'s 4x4 Jamboree

I cant make it. Going to Tulsa to pick up a Blazer as well as we have a trail build here on Sunday. We are getting ready for the Fall Crawl in Fulton, MO. You going to be there?

3. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Considering going if work actually lets me off on a day I asked for!! Sounds like a fun place to be!!!

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

This weekend?

Want to stop off in Diz!

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, I can't believe it. Nobody from CK5 went except the one guy that posted in the Garage forum. Pathetic.

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Pathetic? Youre pathetic for spending 40 bucks to break your front axle in a big mud puddle. Some of us have better things to do with our time and money. If they had some sort of rock crawling or obstacle course, then it would have been worth it, but most guys in this forum are into trails and rocks, not mud pits and tug-o-wars. BTW, I was at a truck and tractor pull that weekend that was free to watch and I probably had a lot better time than if I had gone to Hanks, and I dont remember a lot of other people saying they were going to Hanks so I dont know why you expected people to show up.

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Tell us how you REALLY feel Tyler! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Pathetic is the way it is ran. Many years ago it was a great thing to attend. But since the late 90's it nothing but a side show. Way to many chiefs and no indians. I used to mud drag there and ran tough truck one year. One minute I was about to get kicked out because I had a cooler... That had baby bottles in it for my new born. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The next thing I know I'm running against guys who have been drinking all day at there beer tent. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif And the pits where the worst pits I've ever been to. I'm sorry I'm not going to tear up a 10,000 + truck in a [I love Jeeps] hole just to get the drunk spectators to applaud me. And if Hank himself reads this, all I have to say is "if your lost sometimes it helps by going back to the begining"

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with you totally. This year it sucked especially since Hank sold the show. I won't get into his personal business but he had some family issues and that's why the show went down the tubes. I'm just glad that their is still a show as there may not be next year. I'd hoped to meet up with a few CK5 members and checked out their trucks. That's really why I go more than anything. Entering the mud bogs is just for fun. As to breaking my 10 bolt front, I don't give a rats ass about that, I've got plenty more shafts and joints are free.

I think rocks are stupid and would never do that to my truck, but trails is what my truck was built for. If I wanted only to mud bog, my truck would be MUCH different.

As to tug of wars, I think they're fun to watch, that's about it.