Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hank's Jamboree

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Sep 9, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hank\'s Jamboree

Well, I know justinf and K30cj and K5DRAGER sure as hell won't be coming, but Hank sold the show to a company, who re-sold it again because everyone thought it sucked last year (me included) so I'm going to give it ONE MORE shot because my friends are all gonig so what the hell?

Who's in?

www.hanks4x4.com for details......

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Re: Hank\'s Jamboree

Ill be there just to be there. Its close and i probobally wont have anything better to do.

3. redneck60164

redneck60164 1/2 ton status

i was thinking of going but i agree tim it has sucked in the past few years.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the people who are running it now have called Special Events (the ones who do 4wheel Jambos -Indy, Lima, Bloomsburg, etc) and asked for some consulting help. my uncle was one of the ones Special Events was looking into sending. no word on if he's going or not, but i'm definitely thinking about attending, since its not that far, and i'm pretty sure i've got a place to crash. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

You're right, I will never go back to Hank's. Very poorly run, disorganized, you name it. Including some extremely shady things happening during the mud race competition. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Justin, you may wanna give em a try next year, especially since Special Events is involved this year. i'd almost bet next year goes over well.

7. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

My K5 that I scrapped had "Hank's 4x4" stickers on the glove box. I always wondered who Hank was, now I know. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

We used to haul over to Hanks in the early 90's when it was at a marina near LaSalle? They had pulls, back to backs, mud, show trucks and girls.

But then we went in 98 or 99 up at Mendotea? and it sucked. Security sucked, rules and organization sucked, so if special events takes over, there is still a host club doing the work, probably the same folks.

When is Hanks now, it used to be in July.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That "marina" is in Ottawa, the home of where Hank's started. I hear it was awesome then.

It has sucked the last three years really (three years ago it was alright, then all down hill from there).

This year it's in Kankakee or something.

10. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Suck, suck, suck....that pretty much sums it up. Special Events runs the Jambos, so it might be better now. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I'm going to see Van Halen (Van Hagar) Saturday. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Probably be deaf for a few days. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

11. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Where are you going to see them? I know they are playing in Champaign sometime, but wasn't sure of the date.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yep, it sucked this year again. But the mud pit was VERY good. For a change, they pulled the participants out backwards. I did make a full pull but my time wasn't very good, as usual.

The mud was very thick and gooey, and deep. Only in the last class did they finally found the bottom, and it was challenging for all levels of compeditors, including the open class at the beginning where the winner even had trouble in his S10 with nearly 900 HP.

I pulled the sled too in the small block class, about 285 feet. A full pull was 315.

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

In no way was it worth the $18 i paid to get in. On the bright side i got pictures of all the stacked lift blocks, cut and doubled up leaf springs to make a "block", hockey puck body lifts, and home-fabbed booger welded steering systems that i wouldnt run on a go cart. OF course this was all in the show truck section. For $5 it would have been alright, but $18 is highway robbery for what they had there.

14. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Where did they hold it this year?

I figured it would still be the same old crap.

15. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Kankakee county fairgrounds.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Honestly, it was worth it for the mud pit. That pit was cool. The truck pulls were fun, too.

I sent htem a NASTY 5 page long email about how much it sucked, too.

17. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I think they are coming to IL this week. Went to see them in Cincinnati. Matthew is stationed there now. They sounded as good as ever. Awesome show. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif