Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hanoi Jane In The News Again--I Have A New Hero!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Apr 20, 2005.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Michael A. Smith, my new hero!!

How do YOU like it, BEEATCH??

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police said they arrested a man for spitting on two-time Academy Award-winning actress Jane Fonda during a book-signing stop in Kansas City Tuesday night.

Fonda, 67, spoke at Unity Temple, in The Plaza shopping district, about her new best-selling book, "My Life So Far," and her new movie with Jennifer Lopez called "Monster-In-Law."

At about 9 p.m., police said 54-year-old Michael A. Smith, who had been waiting in line for about 90 minutes, passed a book to Fonda and then spit a large amount of tobacco juice into her face.

They said Smith then ran away and was taken into custody by off-duty officers, who were providing security for the event.

Fonda declined to prosecute Smith.

A Vietnam veteran, Smith was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, which is a city charge.

In 1972, Fonda was photographed sitting in a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft tank.

About her protest involvement in the Vietnam War, Fonda has apologized for her anti-aircraft tank photo, calling it an incredible lapse in judgment. She has not apologized for opposing the war.

Hanoi Jane Getting Proper Amount Of Respect

I have a feeling that this cat will never have to buy a beer again :D !!

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Hanoi Jane shouldn't appologize for being "against the war"... she should apologize for being against the military men who fought in the war. I have no problems with people disagreeing with a war... thats fine. Providing aid and comfort to the enemy while they are trying to kill our boys... thats called treason.

j

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I just wish celebrities would just stick to entertaining us .

They don't really do anything except get themselves publicity .

I prefer NORMAL people , at the right time and place , rise up and make a difference , as it should be .

Besides , except for the skin , Barbarella sucked ;)

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I'd buy him a case or two. Nice move :waytogo: :usaflag: :usaflag:

John

5. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I just cought it on the local news. He said that he had the opportunity so he did it. He also stated that by her bringing up that **** she did all those years ago has really ****ed him up again. Good for him and all the veterans that would have liked to do what he did.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I will buy that man a beer any day. Good for him, if she had nuts, I'd kick her in them.

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'd buy him a fifth of whatever he wanted.

Which reminds me.. I saw a great bumper sticker during the presidential election: John Kerry.. The OTHER commie traitor b**ch.

Tom

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: commie traiter b**ch :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

Thats low and cowardly spitting in any womans face. I'm a Vet. I had people saying trash to me but you know what I'm better than that, I don't sink to that level.

10. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

In case you forgot, or are too young to rmrmber. click here

He said he doesn't chew tobacco but did so Tuesday solely to spit juice on the actress. "I consider it a debt of honor," he told The Star for a story on its Web site. "She spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did."

I'd pick up a few bar tabs for Mr. Smith.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I understand what you're saying, but considering my response (if I was in charge back then) to her treasonous activity would have been either to hang her or at a VERY minimum imprision her for a lot of years and then deport her.... spitting in her face is a small price for her to pay.

j

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ya shooting her in the face would have been cooler,
    but spitting will do, i hope it was a biggggg green/brown lunker of a loogi :D

13. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I joined the Marines in 67. I live my life as I see fit. And no one no phoney politicians or hollywood types affect any decisions I make. Boo-Hoo she said bad things, it in no way affected me or what I do. I fought for this country because I believe it is the greatest. And as I seem to remeber one of the great things are freedom of speech, hhhmmmm

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

If all she did was say bad things, folks possibly would have forgiven her.. I think what has most people mad still is her ratting out the POWs that confided in her to their North Vietnamese captors, earning them more severe torture. That, the picture posing in the anti aircraft gun, and If I remember right, either her or John Kerry were discussing troop movements with the enemy.. Sorry, that's not free speech, and certainly can't be defended.

All I'm sayin' is hanoi jane aint no damn lady, and if she pulled that crap during WWII, she'd have been shot, instead of being celebrated like she is now. She deserves all she gets tossed her way. She'd be better off if she moved to europe or some damn place, she'll at least have friends there.

Tom

15. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

There was another group of American prisoners that had spent 6 years in the Hanoi Hilton where Fonda, the "peace activist" visited. Most, during their first 3 years, were listed as MIA's. Their wives and families lived on faith that they were still alive. During her visit, this group, too, got the cleaned/fed/clothed routine in preparation for a 'peace delegation' visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like, 'Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?' and, 'Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?'

Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper. She took them all without missing a beat in her comments and accusations to them. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge ... and handed him the little pile of notes.

Three men died from the subsequent beatings in punishment for this. A Col. Carrigan was almost number four. He survived to tell the story.

Boo-Hoo, huh?

16. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

wow :blush:

17. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I would never be a POW and never confide in anyone especially a self serving hollywood type.

18. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I've forgotten most of the names and places. This was 35 years ago. I've forgiven and forgotten and moved on.

The person who spit in her face is chicken----. His act was not in my behalf or would I want to serve with him. I am not Fondas defender and for all I care you can bind them both with barbed wire and throw then in the nearest cess pool --- makes no difference to me -- nuff said

19. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Why kill yourself first?
    just wondering not trying to start anything

20. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I'm no ones hostage or bargaining chip if I have anything to do with it. "Live Free Or Die" to coin a phrase this is my personal belief and I will say no more on this subject. I can't look back.