Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Happy camper with the sound in the rig

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert D, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

Well, I installed a Sony MP3 CD-Receiver this weekend with Infinity Reference 3.5s under the dash. I mounted them without the brackets (the truck had a mono 4x10 in the middle of the dash), but going back and using brackets at some point would be preferred.

Right now I drilled a hole for 1 corner of each of the speakers, so they aren't mounted as well as I'd like. To get the hole drilled for the driver's side I removed the gauge cluster and drilled upwards through the dash. In doing so, I also cleaned a bunch of the dust from behind the dash/guage cluster.

The stereo sounds very good for what it is. Now I'm waiting on my 6x9 speakers to come back from the wrecked 944S. I plan to mount the speaker boxes to the wheel wells next to the rear seats, which should even out the sound.

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I put a new Alpine receiver/cd in my truck this past summer as well as some new speakers all the way around. It sounded great. However, since then my truck has "jumped" time and I haven't been able to fix it cuz I've got a new house, baby on the way, shop to redo, yard work, ................. :crazy:

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Glad to hear that you got it installed. I just got back from the Badlands last night. Today i am kinda stuck in the house with the wife and kids but when i go out to unload the tools from the truck i will continue my search for those brackets you need:rolleyes::D

4. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

Thank you very much, the stereo is such an improvement from humming to myself last week! I will have to record a video or take still shots with my roommates' digital video cam of the truck! It was quite a purchase for the 1500 I paid as it runs so well and does not have any major rust issues like I've seen on other trucks. The only suspension issue I can see is with the front leaf springs looking old and sagging to the point they are almost inverted! I'm going to put that project on the backburner until I make some payments for the loan I took out.