Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Happy Day Happy Day

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Innerpiece, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

well -- I'm getting ready to drive from Mississippi to NC to go to the beach for a couple of weeks, so I figgered I'd hammer on the ole blazer a bit to get ready for the road trip. So I decided to fix the air conditioning ... Brand new everything (still R-12) for $250 ... it pays to have hard core, ex miner, mini-junk yard red necks as friends. If anyone gets fired up about fixing their A/C let me know, I have learned a lot.

And then, just as I'm basking in the frigid air in the belly of the beast, it starts vibrating. Shaking all to hell. Turns out I had "Spunt" (*) a bearing in the rear diff and the driveshaft was wobbling quite a bit (so thats where the NP208 leak started). Anyway ... that's also really easy to fix for $20 if anyone needs details. I never thought she could run so smooth .. happy day. Road trip here I come

Just thought I'd share ..

(*) Spunt - (v) The technical term for an overly worn bearing as used by a Mississippi tranny shop.

2. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Where in NC? Outer Banks, or the southern coast line of NC?

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

3. Innerpiece

Outer banks -> Morehead -> Atlantic Beach

4. grk76

grk76 Registered Member

hey i have a house down there. i live in raleigh. Wish I could give you an idea on some good places to run but most of my places have been built over. Have fun!

5. Innerpiece

I'm sure I'll find some way to get into some trouble out there ... (I was the one hard stuck in the mud 4 months ago ... $300) ... remember?