Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Happy Day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My 14bff went in today!!!. I finally got that big pig in with the help of my best buddies. We got it slung under the truck today, my buddy did the brakes, and all that is left is a little stuff. The cool part is I think I can actually still use my ebrakes. My buddy modified the ebrake cables so I think they might actually work. It wasn't even to hard. Now we just have to hide and watch. (hopefully they'll work)

So now I am up to 5/8 ton. Once I convert the front axle to 8 lug I will be 3/4 ton. I have the 10bolt front with 4.56's & a lockright, and the 14bff with 4.56's and welded diff. Oh what a happy day. My truck is now taking shape.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

Harley

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats your going to love that 14ff /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Funny thing is...

When you get done swapping everything and go out to enjoy the new axles for a while, you will get the bug to swap in a D60...real soon! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Harley,Glad to hear it's all coming together!Are you still planning on running 33's with it?You don't have much ground clearance with that 14 bolt....do ya?Glad you are getting it built the way you want!Mike

5. Hossbaby50

I actually have decided that I want to run the 37" MTR's. But that will be awhile until I get those. I did shave the 14bff so I did get another 1/2" of clearence, and I also smoothed the edge of the axle so it won't grab as many things.

ThatK30Guy: Ya, I know I will want a D60, but for now with 32's I don't think I will need the extra strength. Once I start popping axleshfts with the 37's I plan on I will definitly get a D60. But between now and then I hope I can find a D60 at a decent price.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Right on! When we going wheelin? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Harley,Don't forget I have that Goodyear connection!.....37's for $160 each!Hey Fred(FWP) How did that deal go for you?The MT/R's are alot lighter than the TSL's....I think I saw them on the site at 67# each.Mike

8. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> Good DEAL!!!</font color>
    [​IMG]

9. Hossbaby50

Hopefully soon. I have been waiting &amp; working for a long time to get my truck done so I can go wheeling on some good stuff. My truck was ok at wheeling, now it should be a hell of alot better. Now that I am done with my truck I might get a chance to run up and get those headers from you. I haven't forgot, but have been so truck and gun poor that I have no $ for gas. That should change soon though.

Bluesman, I will keep that in mind about the 37's. I will want them next, but my BFG's still have alot of tread left, and I don't have much coin right now. But in the future you will probably here from me on that deal. (I also have the hookups at Discount so I am going to look into that there too.)