Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Happy Night For Me...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TONYP, Feb 5, 2003.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Getting the truck painted next week and had the windshild guy come out and remove the front glass. First off, he got it out without breaking it and second...no major rust on the pillers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I was glad to see just minor surface rust on the paint. So I'll wire brush it off and POR 15 the inside, just thinking about all day and wondering how bad it was going to be.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    Post up some pics after!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

AWSOME!!!
    I want pictures!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TED

TED Registered Member

You are one lucky guy. When I had mine removed, flakes of rust were falling out like dandruff off of my grandmas head. I ended up replacing the whole upper half of the windshield frame with one off of a truck from Texas. Couldn't find one off of a blazer- that was a lot of work. I used POR 15 on my new one even though there wasn't much rust at all. Turned out good.
    Ted

5. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Wow! Double coolness! I broke my windshield when I removed it, but I didn't care because it was clear glass and I had a piece of shaded glass to install in its place. Considering the rusted-out bed and floor corners, I was surprised to find zero rust in the windshield channel on my Blazer.