Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

happy Turkey Day, and how in the ^%$# do you remove the rain gutter screws

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Nov 27, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

happy turkey day to all, and i am having busy day with salvaging parts,

cab rain gutters screws on 73-up around tops of doors attached to cab itself./, how in the heck do you get them removed?
    the first problem is that they are some oddball wierdo size that i ddont have a wrench for and second problem is that the heads of said screws are retardedly tucked undert he lip of the gutters, i need to hurry and get them off the truck before it goes to shredder tommorrow, i need them for the 83 so bad cuz some doofus removed them from it for apparently no reason and i dont know how they managed to do that,

thanks for anything

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

needle nose vice grips, 5.5 mm wrench, 5.5 mm socket, hole drilled through gutter...

3. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

gutters are two piece, to remove them rou have to pull the outer staniless part off then you can remove the bolts holding them to the truck, take your time or you will ruin them. another way is to use a open end 5.5 mm wrench and remove all of them at one time working each bolt a little at a time. Good luck

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

yep they come off with an open ended wrench. they're small like 9/32 or 5/16

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    gutters are two piece, to remove them rou have to pull the outer staniless part off then you can remove the bolts holding them to the truck, take your time or you will ruin them. another way is to use a open end 5.5 mm wrench and remove all of them at one time working each bolt a little at a time. Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

are they really ??

hmmm!

i need ot go outside and inspect then, hmm...

5.5mm ?

damn, thats a freak and a half size, hmm

i hope i can get stainelss off them then so i can use something "custom"

thanks