Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Harbor Freight Buble Balancer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BurbLover, Sep 27, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Anyone got one of these? How well does it work? Where do you get your weights?

Just wondering as it is on sale for $50.

Thanks for the input.

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...balancing anything on a bubble balancer is an art. If you have never done it before it takes some patience (sp?) to get the hang of it, but once you have it down you should be good to go.
    Most tire shops will sell you wheel weights.

3. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I love the one my dad has. It works really good, and it didn't take long to learn. We got our weights from JCWhitney, and some other tools too. With the Harbor Frieght balancer and the tire machine, we can do anything. The balancer doesn't work with 8 lug wheels though, the center hole is too big.
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i second the harbor freight tire machine, that thing kicks ass, borrowed my uncles at his house, took 8 tires off the rims, and remounted 4, took about 5 hours, but i got it done, so it only costed 150$ and lots of sweat, for 4 new tires to be bought and mounted. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif, cept i didnt balance them, but i took it up to 70 and no vibes or shakes, and the wear hasnt been goofy, just my input. and personally id do the bubble balancer, it'd be cool to get one and learn how to use it, be more self reliant /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif