Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard Breaks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Jan 2, 2002.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have been noticing that when every I hit my breaks lately I do not stop as fast I did in the past and it takes more force to press the break. Also, when I let go there is a sound like air breaks releasing when I get off the break. Is this normal with colder weather? 91 k5 W/ ABS that does not work any more.

91 K5 and 73 Cobalt http://brettmcox.rockcrawler.com

2. NeutralMan

NeutralMan Registered Member

i had same problem in a truck . does the brake peddle go down when you fire up the motor if not it could be the brake boster is leaking

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

not sure, but do you mean then i start the truck does the break pedel move DOWN with out putting any pressure on it. I will check that when i go out ofter work. What did it cost to have your the brake boster firxed?

91 K5 and 73 Cobalt http://brettmcox.rockcrawler.com

4. NeutralMan

you place foot on brack then start the motor the peedle should ajust . if it doesn't it could be the booster
    when it goes it like running manual brakes but twice the peasure to work them

you can not fix it you have to replace it .

5. NeutralMan

you place foot on brake then start the motor the peedle should ajust . if it doesn't it could be the booster
    when it goes it like running manual brakes but twice the peasure to work them

you can not fix it you have to replace it .