Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard mount Air for truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Oct 5, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Im looking to get a air compressor to mount in my 73 K20. Mainly just to air up my tires, and probly the tires on my bro's truck. I want something that actually connects to the battery and not just the cig lighter. Also I searched in a 50 mile radius and cant find the $25 air compressor's I saw on here. I really dont want to spend $200-$300. I would love to find something in the $50-$100 but dont want to spend an hour airing up my tires.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you want electric, this won't help. I used a York for OBA - Look here.

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

The 25.00 comps were a short lived fluke. I got a couple for myself. The same compressor can be found at pep boys for around 60.00 and at 4wp for 70.00. Pm shane74 and see if he still has any, I know he bought at least a dozen. I have used that comp several times and it is faster than the normal ones. However, if you want the sweet setup, get a air-brake tank from a semi or semi trailer and weld it into your truck and plumb the compressor through a 80 psi cutoff switch to it. No matter how good a compressor is, it is always better to have even a small 3-4 gallon tank for the volume needed for airing up big tires.

4. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I might have one of those small compressors this weekend, going to a few stores that I know have them, and several others want them shipped...I am coming through Cali, to southern cali on the 16th of oct, i could drop one by.
    Let me know,
    Eddie