Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard points

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Alumbaugh, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Alumbaugh

Alumbaugh Registered Member

Sorry for the ignorant questions, but I'm new to the board. My Blazer has hard points on the inside of the fiberglass top. They are on the aft side of the wheel wells located at the top. Each side has two threaded bolt holes (around 1/2"). Anyone know what they were designed for? I've looked in the local junk yard and the three that are there don't have it. Mine is a government model '91 (I know that thanks to everyone answering my last posted question).

Bruce Alumbaugh
    Spring Creek, Nv

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Does yours have shoulder belts in the rear? Your year should have roof mounted shoulder belts for the rear seatbelts, maybe that's it?

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You're spot on man. That's exactly what they're for. Aggravating to take off, equally unsafe if you don't remove ALL of the components like I didn't do. :D

4. Alumbaugh

Alumbaugh Registered Member

Mine never had a rear seat in it. It had been a fleet vehicle set up for cargo. Seems a bit far aft for seatbelts, they would have to be mighty long shoulder harnesses!

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would had said seatbelts too. If you can snap a pic or two it would be ideal. I'm sure with pics, there are a couple of folks who could tell you what they are for sure.