Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hard pull to the right when braking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Mar 9, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

does anyone know why my 87' blazer pulls hard when braking to the right. if i had to break hard it would be down right scarey. according to the former owner it has brand new brakes on the front. when i have to break i do it slowly to help counter this problem. i will not let my wife drive this until this problem is fixed ! i have not checked to see if the frame is cracked i behind the steering box yet, could this be factor ? thanks ahead of time.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I bet the caliper piston is stuck, or the boot is broken or something. Just replace the caliper. They are like $12.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

thanks, ill have that checked out

4. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

The caliper may be sticking but that does not mean it is bad. The brake hose itself could be the problem. The thing to do is jack up the front of the truck and see if you can spin the tires. If the caliper is hung up usually it is the opposite side to the way it is pulling. Anyhow if you find one that is hung up take the tire off and crack the bleeder on the caliper and then try to turn it with the bleeder open. If the caliper released itself when you did this it means that the hose is bad. If it is still locked up then it is the caliper. Either way it is a cheap fix usually.

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Mine is doing the same thing..
    My problem is in the center link... the long rod in front of the axle is bent... it's bent upward and rearward... it's never done that before until the last off-road outing last month..
    I've replaced the brake lines, the calipers are fine.. and the wheel bearings are all brand new..

6. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

i would think it could also be a rear wheel cylinder. if one was working and the other not wouldnt it pull to that side?