Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hard shifting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82_k5, Jan 4, 2004.

1. 82_k5

82_k5 Registered Member

I have an 82 Jimmy with a 305 and a 700r4. When it is cold, it upshifts from 1st to 2nd hard and it always downshifts from 2nd to 1st hard wether it is cold or not. The fluid is full but it has some bubbles on the dipstick, is this normal or does my tranny need some help? Thank you for helping me /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Could be a broken accumulater spring.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

my brother's s-10 4.3L 700r4 is starting to do this, its got 150k on it when its cold it hits hard into 2nd gear, but if you get on the pedal hard and good then it will shift great, til its warm then it will be normal

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yah i'd check the 1-2 accumulator... That accumulator is supposed to cushion the 1-2 shift and make it softer.

[ QUOTE ]
    when its cold it hits hard into 2nd gear, but if you get on the pedal hard and good then it will shift great, til its warm then it will be normal

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't know about that one but it sounds like the TV cable isn't quite adjusted properly... If it has an upshift flare, and then when you really floor it, it goes away...
    Your getting more TV pressure when you get your foot in it and that dissapears... Might want to double check your TV cable adjustment with a pressure gauge.

5. 82_k5

82_k5 Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif