Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k204dr, Nov 14, 2006.

1. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

My wheel is hard to turn, first thing in the morning, like the pump is out of fluid, but its not. once I get it to actually move, it steers fine. so, would this be the pump, or the box acting up? I haven't verified yet if the brakes are the same way, since I have hydroboost. I"ll know that when i go fire it up this morning. the steering box has 100K on it. it was "very loose" when I first got the truck. took alot of turns on the jambnut to actually unslop it. The truck is bonestock, and I have a hard time keeping it going straight. it likes to wander.

2. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

Well I just checked and the brakes work fine, but the steering is hard to turn left or right for a second or two. may try some lucas additive in the p/s and see if that helps for now. Hate to spend money on a box anytime soon.

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

You running a steering stabilizer? It could be crapped out.

4. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

no stabilizer on it at all. its definately inside the box, not having pressure or a sticking seal.

5. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

bump for help.