Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard Top Bolt Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

How many people have left the last two bolts, the ones that go in upside down out when the hardtop has been replaced? I have heard a couple members say they have had no problems by leaving them out. Has anyone experienced any leaks or added wind noise by leaving these out? I am redoing my side panels and if I don't need these I won't mess with them, amke my life easier.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Mine is missing two or so out of the top set and one or so on each side.

I dont get any noises or leaks...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've had two K5's now and neither one of them had the upside down security bolts. It was fine. It also saves a lot of hassle leaving them out. Makes a lot of sense huh? Build a truck with a removable hard top, and then make it as difficult as possible to actually remove the top.

Rene

[​IMG]

4. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Right now i only am using the 4-6 bolts that seal the front cab and i think two bolts( one on each side) for the rear......no leaks.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout