Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard top bolt sizes

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris_T, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I'm back in Alberta for the holidays and getting my '72 ready to drive back to Missouri. Since it was summer when I left, the soft top is still on. Somehow I managed to misplace the hardware for the hardtop. Can someone tell me the bolt sizes needed to secure the top in a '72 (bolts along the rails from the top down); both the bedrail bolts and the windshield Phillips head screws?

Thanks

2. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Found the post about the double wall (must have misspelled it the first time). Are the bolt sizes the same for the single wall tops?

3. 72BlazerTravis

72BlazerTravis Registered Member

I have no idea about the bolts as the '72 I just bought was missing all but 2 of them!! Noticed your in Columbia Missouri. I'm 30 miles away in Jefferson City!

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    all of the bolts for the hard top (double wall, not sure if there is a difference for single wall)
    are 5/16". the bolts for the bed rails are 2" long, and the 2 center windsheild frame bolts are 1" long (maybe 1 1/2").
    the bolts that go through the visor hangers are closer to 3" long but I'm not sure about their exact length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank JoshA he replied to my post awhile back about double wall top bolt size with this info. The 5/16" did fit me doublewall, I bought a tap and traced the threads out and it made a world of differece putting the new bolts in.

I would think they are the same size, it wouldn't make much sense to use two different size bolts. But then again...I"ve seen GM do a lot of stupid things.

5. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Yup, now I hope I make it back all 1800 miles

6. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Thanks, found most of them in a coffee cup in the garage and managed to go get the top. Sure is a hell of a lot warmer than the softr top on the highway at -15 C