Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HARD TOP BOLTS please respond

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JDELBLAZ, Jun 25, 2001.

1. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

on my 89 blazer the hard top bolts are a torx with a pin in the center of the torx and since this will be the first time i take the top off is there a special tool for this if so were do i buy it because in the next week i will be buying a canback top i want to know how to remove it thanx for your help

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

you can get the security torx bit at auto parts stores, i believe its a #40. but maybe wrong. i just used vice-grips. also, dont forget that there is 2 (1 on each side) additional bolts on the back behind the panel that bolt into the top from the bottom. the panel has to be removed to get to them.

AIRBORNE!!

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here ya go:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=155154&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1>http://www.coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=blazer4x4&Number=155154&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1</A>

Dave

BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

4. LA91Blazer

LA91Blazer Registered Member

It is a security torx type bolt. I have seen the whole set of security torx for around $20 at a cheap tool store. Someone else said in another post that you could buy just the size you need at Autozone.

BlazingWolf

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you already have the right size normal torx then use a dremal to take the pin in the middle out.

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.