Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hard top fwd brackets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by powertrip240, Jan 11, 2003.

1. powertrip240

powertrip240 Newbie

My '75 K5 was stolen, then recovered a week later. Of course it was topless when it was taken. The a******s that stole it didn't really hurt it too bad, other that the steering column, but the took everything that I had inside, including a bag full of tools, and the brackets that mount the top to the top of the windsheild frame. Right now I'm borrowing a couple of brackets from a friend who is rebuilding a '74 K5, but I need to find some more. Does anyone know where I can get three of those brackets, reasonably cheap? Thanks! Jon /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

There's no one that makes those '73-75 front brackets repro, so you'll have to find some. Try the parts board here, alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks, or the yards are really your only choice. I've seen them fabbed up before too, just a trianglular piece of steel with three holes, and some creative angle on the edges to create the gasket trough, or if you have an access to a bridgeport, one piece of steel and route out the gasket trough and drill the three holes.

BlazerMan

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I would just make some out of steel plate. I haven't had gaskets on mine ever and it doesn't seem to matter. It rains a lot here and I've had no leaks. I think I have one spare if that would help...pm me and I'll send it to you.