Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hard top storage - outside - questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't have a garage too store my hard top in. Right now it's leaned up against the back side of my shed. It'll be atleast 3 months befor I think of putting it back on. Any recomendations for out side storage ??? I might try to sand the pits out of the top. Any advice on restoring them ???

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Chevy in my '77 factory service manual says to make 2 crossbars out of wood or metal to brace the top while its off the truck. They say to bolt on one at the front and one at the back.

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I would get 4 2x4s. Run 2 down the in place of the bed rails and 2 from side to side (front and rear most) and secure it with bolts at the 4 corners. Store it on a flat surface. This will help keep it from warping. Also rub a thin coat of Vasaline on the rubber seals to keep them from drying out. What I did for mine was put some casters on the bottom of the frame I built so I could easily move it if it got in the way.