Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hardcore Run at Joplin, MO

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have been talking to Steve Sharp from Tulsa and he said we sould wheel the ORV Park in Joplin, MO over Memorial Day weekend. He said there is at least a day and a half of wheeling there and some we could hit twice.

We are looking to get some hardcore rigs to this small gathering. We are looking at rigs with 36" tire minimum, Lockers front and rear, 3/4 ton minimum axles (or Frisbie style 1/2 ton drivetrain), and disregard for body damage.

The trails are tight, so I've heard. Post up here if you meet the criteria and are ready to rock and roll. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

If my co-pilot and his tow rig are all good for this... I should be up for it. I am pretty sure I meet your little list of criteria for the event... that is granted that I get my motor running worth 2 sh!ts too! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

-Dan

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Let me check the calender and with the boss (wife). But sounds like it would be a good time.

4. KRAZIE87K5

What is the cost to get in the park that weekend?

-Dan

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Check out Extreme 4 Wheelin. Just look for "Joplin" under the "Photo Gallery" section on the left. They have had three trips to J&D with a few pics. Also here's a link directly to there site:J and D ORV Park

6. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Neil,

Ken and I have wheeled at Joplin before. That is where I got stuck (momentarily) between 3 trees and wrinkled the quarter panel. It is a great place to go. I will try and make it.

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i'm not haulin your a$$ down there to sit on the trailer again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. KRAZIE87K5

Thanks for the encouragement, jack a$s. It better be running by then. Man will I be pissed. All the new or replacement EFI parts are shipping out today according to John @ customefis.

-Dan

9. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I understand that the trails are get wider as time goes on! I would be up for that were takeing the carvan down to Disney this weekend club run. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Sounds cool.

My queen sits in the driveway awaiting a reliable chariot (read: trailer)....

11. Mudzer

Your's IS a reliable chariot! I'm hoping I can make mine reliable again by installing that CV shaft you gave me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mine's good to go other than that noise at highway speeds. I plan to remove the rear driveshaft this week and drive it to see if the noise goes away. I think its a rear driveline angle issue. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

12. KRAZIE87K5

I bought the motor for the truck today. Its a '98 Vortec 350 out of a K1500 P/U. I am heading to St. Louis to get it on May 3rd. Bryan and I were already planning to head out there to drop off an instant 4" lift & 3/4 ton & 35" MT/R upgrade for "someone."

Now I just need the time, energy, and money to get it installed in time. Oh yea, and a good wrenching buudy would help! Not some wussy-golf-playin-mofo.

-Dan

13. Mudzer

Croquet is not considered Golf! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Now if he shows up to work on the rig sporting a polo shirt and a pair of those "shart drawers", then you can call him a wussy.

I always thought those Texan's liked playing saucer tag with their belt buckles? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

14. Mudzer

Changed Plans

Hey Guys, I am going to pass on this run - in fact, I think everyone I have spoke to will have to pass.

I have been asked to be trail guide for Potosi that weekend for the Capital City Crawlers. Does anyone else want to go with us?