Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hardtop construction / material

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Nov 1, 2001.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

is the top double-walled? if it is, does anyone know approximately how thick the first (outer) layer is? and how thick is the gap between layers?
    i'm going to mount a wind deflector on the rear, and i need to know exactly what type of hardware to get.
    thanks!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Yes, it is double wall. I would guess 1/4" thick at the most. Not sure on the gap....1/2" maybe.....sorry I don't know much. Just wanted to say "don't do it man!"

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

lol. it's black, going on a black truck. not gaudy at all. and i've decided that i must be able to drive with the rear window down.
    but thanks for the input.[​IMG]

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

4. keegans80k5

keegans80k5 Registered Member

I had a rear deflector on my 87, and it was installed with self drilling screws. Also, you are right do not drive with the back glass down without the deflector, or you will get some bad fumes.