Hardtop prices

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Mar 26, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    I saw 2 things today that left me kind of puzzled. On Ebay right now, for the next few hours anyway, there is a 73-75 Blazer hardtop that is up to $799. And then in my local paper, I saw a 69-72 hardtop for $150. What's up with that? My hardtop (73-75 style) is kind of trashed and a nicer one would be cool to have, but I don't know about these prices. I almost thought the older top would be more expensive. How much do they USUALLY sell for?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad
  2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Feb 27, 2000
    Donno. I see them locally (San Franciscoish, CA) for $300 at the junkyards (this is 73-75 tops), but my extra one didn't sell and didn't sell and didn't sell, and I finally took $100 to get rid of it (I was moving, less stuff to move) ... and the guy bitched about it at that.

The 69-72's are weird; the "double layer" ones are serious $$, I think, or maybe it's the "single layer" ones. I forget.

The 73 and 74 tops suck, they all crack in the back corners; the 75's are allegedly stronger and don't.

OTOH, even if you have a redone one, I think eight hundred bucks is silly (wrt the one on Ebay.) I'll pay somebody to redo mine or do it myself so I know it's done RIGHT.

My .02.

-- A

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...