Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hardtop repair

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zang101, Jan 19, 2002.

1. zang101

zang101 Registered Member

Does anyone know where I can find info on restoring/repairing my hardtop? Are they repairable?

2. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Hello Zang,

Its funny that you ask I was thinking the same thing. The tops are made of fiberglass so when I did a search on the web I had better luck looking for boat repair. Also I have been thinking of useing one of POR-15s products for the top that Greg72 gave to me(thanks Greg). It needs just a little attention. Por-15 has two products that intrest me for this repair the two part puddy also this new one witch ist the por-15 paint but comes in a tube and is more like a paste. If you have the service manual for your truck there is a section that covers some repair. Hope this helps.

Lico

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey guys,

If you do a seach of the archives for "Fiberglass Top Repairs"....you should find a thread that I started asking about this topic. 1896Blazer (Chris) gave me a TON of information about the process and what types of materials to use.....

Check it out. It's good reference material for you.

ps. I still haven't started fixing mine....it's too cold to pull the top off yet.

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

4. Wraparound

Wraparound Registered Member

I've got some resin from Tap Plastics that I used on my boat. It did a great job of sealing the leaks from holes left by an old roof rack.