Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hardware question: radiator shroud

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mostwanted, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I was going to remove my radiator shroud and install electric fans, but after some research I learned that the mechanical fan works better (more cfm) and electric ones are more $$ than I had antisipated. I removed my shroud the other day to get at my h-balancer and was going to leave it off for the winter. Besides it was also rubbing the fan under flex. Today my rig started to overheat after idleing for 20 min:eek1:, so I am going to reinstall the shroud. Before the shroud was held on by a couple zip-tyes, a dozen staples and 1 screw. I want to attach it correctly so I am looking for the correct hardware. I would like to use stainless hardware if possible. Also one of the raitor support mounts' screw won't come out. The nut-zert or whatever you call it is just spinning. It looks like I will have to take the grill out to get to it. Will I have to replace the support?

the red arrows are the ones that I am missing
    the blue arrow is pointing to the screw that just spins.

S4010003.JPG

2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

for the bolt that spins on the core support....I would just use a longer bolt - same thread - and tighten it down on the inside with a nut.

For the shroud mounts, I believe the speed nuts can be found in the help! or hardware section at your local parts store.