Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hardwire WINaldl lead?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Sep 4, 2006.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm running an Ostrich Emulator and have it stashed in the glove box. It would be really handy to have the WINaldl lead in the same place.
    Anyone know if there's a problem with having the lead permanently plugged into or even wired into the aldl socket?

And please.......no more jokes about an Ostrich in my glovebox please!:D

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry, I dont have a concrete answer for you, but I bought a selectable chip (JET 6-pack) a while ago, and it takes place of the PROM cover and fits down into the spot where the PROM is. It has a permantely attached wire to it. But thats not into the ALDL port.

I might not be using the JET chip anymore. I havent decided yet. But if I decide to go another route, I might do this one. I started to read about emulators, but got back onto things that need fixing or attention right now. I'll deal with the comp stuff after everything else is done (Its been in the build for about 2 years now, im getting a little anxious)

Are you using the stock '767 comp or did you go TPI? I cant remember

Edit: Whoops, '747, my mistake

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm using a stock '7747 ecu adapted (G2 and ZIF socket from Moates) to take the Ostrich which is a great bit of kit. You can just alter settings on the laptop with an editor programme (I use TunercatRT) and watch the WINaldl respond!