Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Harlan, Ky Oct 14th

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by rivermtnman, Sep 26, 2006.

1. rivermtnman

rivermtnman 1/2 ton status

Found this on KYMC site. We'll be down there Saturday.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS WHAT WAS SENT TO THE HARLAN DAILY ENTERPRISE AND THE EASTERN KENTUCKY PRESS NEWSPAPERS:

KENTUCKY MOUNTAIN CRAWLERS 4X4 CLUB 1ST ANNUAL FALL CRAWL EVENT ON OCTOBER 14TH

HARLAN COUNTY KYMC 4X4 CLUB FALL CRAWL

WHEN: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14TH

EVENT SITE: BLACK MOUNTAIN OFF-ROAD PARK

WHAT: THE KENTUCKY MOUNTAIN CRAWLERS 4X4 CLUB WILL HOST A FALL CRAWL RIDE, A POKER RUN, FOOD, AND A BONFIRE WITH MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT LATER THAT EVENING.

THE POKER RUN WILL BE DIVIDED INTO 3 CLASSES:

31" TIRES & BELOW WILL BEGIN AT 11:30 AM
    32" - 35" TIRES WILL BEGIN AT 12:15 PM
    36" & UP TIRES WILL BEGIN AT 1:00 PM

WE ARE REQUESTING A $10 DONATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE POKER RUN FOR ALL ENTRIES, WITH THE WINNERS OF EACH CLASS RECEIVING 50% OF THE PROCEEDS FOR THAT CLASS AND A KYMC T-SHIRT. THE COMPETITION WILL END AT 5:00 PM.

EVENING EVENTS WILL BE AT THE COYOTE CAMPGROUND ON THE PARK BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM. YOU'LL FIND A BONFIRE, MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT AND A CHANCE TO SOCIALIZE WITH ALL OF THE RIDERS.

IF YOU LOVE THE GREAT OUTDOORS, ENJOY RIDING THE TRAILS OR JUST LIKE THE EXCITEMENT OF WATCHING OTHERS TRY THE EXTREME OBSTACLES, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE. WE HOPE TO SEE ALL OF THE LOCALS ALONG WITH A GOOD CROWD OF OUT-OF-TOWN OFF-ROADERS AT THIS EVENT.

WE, AS A CLUB, WILL ALSO HOST A COMMUNITY SERVICE PARK CLEAN-UP DAY ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15TH, SO THAT EVERYONE CAN CONTINUE TO ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF THE BLACK MOUNTAIN OFF-ROAD PARK. ANY PERSON OR GROUP THAT WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

2. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

In Everts KY,there is a FREE campground with full hook up's and a bath house,It is about a mile from the park.Good place to camp and good place to ride.This campground is directly behind the "Dairy Hut".There are other places to camp but it is primitve camping only.

3. rivermtnman

I'll have to check that out the next time... I think Possum has rented a cabin for Saturday night this time. We always go in on the Evarts side, never paid attention to where the Dairy Hut is. We always unloaded down near the rairoad tracks in the middle of town.

Did you get your steering fixed from last time we saw ya at Harlan?

4. 1-tonmudder

Right where you turn left to go to the rail road tracks there is a bridge over the creek,cross it and the dairy hut and campground is on your immediate right.

No not yet,I was able to get it fixed enough to get it home,but I've been busy and havent had time to fix it right.What were you in??? I hear the cabins are pretty nice,and it's probably kinda late to be camping over there,it gets pretty cold at night.

5. rivermtnman

We saw ya at the lower rock garden, I was in the blue :hack: K5 without the doors and top. I sure like that truck of yours. I'll let ya know how the cabins are. I might bring the M1008 this time also.

IM000226.JPG

6. 1-tonmudder

yeah I remeber you,didnt we talk to you when I was in georges cruiser on portals???

7. rivermtnman

Guess so as we were coming out that day. I cant remember faces but never forget a bada$$ rig, lol. I talk to or read alot on here and pirate and recognize rides but unsure who actually drives them. Guess I need to socialize more, but dang I just wanna wheel! Maybe someday I'll get all the parts together for a real ride.