Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Harley SAVED my truck !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Aug 31, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

And didn't even know it . This morning I was getting some things out of the garage for Harley . The truck was warming up . Upon leaving the garage with parts in hand I see clear liquid pouring out of the truck , damn Autozone fuel pump , ONLY 3 years old . I have a spare and their only 13 bucks.

I am just glad I was getting his parts and saw it before I drove and it caught fire . This also explains why it has been cranking a few seconds longer lately too .

Thanks Harley /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Way to go Harley, I think. Umm. Well. Ahh. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I got it!

Way to go Harley for needing things out of Paul's garage!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

did u refill the blazers gas tank with the gas thats in the other 83's tank /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif.

was the pump leaking or was it a hose. i have had only one fuel pump go bad but many problems with leaky fuel hose. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

im glad u saw it before any thing bad happened. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Got it replaced easily enough , it ran smoother and starts way fast again , my idle is also up , so I think it was loosing pressure and pushing it out the pump where the halves are crimped together .

I did have to redo the outlet to the carb with teflon tape , and I was out of yellow ( available at industrial supplies ) for gas ( white or blue is for water ) so I used white and will have to redo that to yellow later .

I have the replacement with the smog pump installed down pat . I used to run a filter down there so the line is split . I take the pump off with the hard to reach hose attached . This time the pushrod was easy too , grease wouldn't hold it so I used some thick paper and after pump was in , pulled out the paper /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif