Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

harmonic damper

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4x4blazer, Jul 10, 2000.

1. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I am in the last phase of building my 350. I need to put the harmonic damper on and was wandering if putting it in the oven for a few, to make it expand, for ease of installation, would screw it up. Any suggestions?

2. imconfused

imconfused Registered Member

I've never had any major problems installing a damper as long as you use the right tool or atleast a long threaded bolt with a nut and washer on the end to thread it on.(obviously you need to use a quality bolt with the correct threads)Feel free to apply oil on the inside. I'd be a little concerned with putting it in the oven only because of the elastic band. Hope this helps....

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't cook it!
    I have been able to get my dampner on with no wobble by useing bolt and washer to push it on! DONOT hit it you will/could damage the crank and or the dampner.
    Summit sells a remover/installer if your looking to add to your collection???

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

Please don't "cook" your damper, you WILL distort it and then vibrate until it blows apart take our advice use the proper tools.