Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Harnesses

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerGuy, Apr 24, 2000.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Has anyone ever used those five-point race harnesses before. I was thinking about buying some after the rollcage is installed.

Money-->Blazer

2. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

I was thinking about 4 point. I don't want a crotch strap, I think they have to run through the seat, and the pain factor from offroad bouncing seem high

3. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I've got one in my 59'.Only put the shoulder straps on once.It was pretty uncomfortable and made it hard to reach the stereo or anything else.I just leave the shoulder straps down and use it like a regular seat belt.

<font color=green>Yes,I have driven over a F*&d lately!</font color=green>[​IMG]

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

I have them installed in my 77 for the front seat passengers, if you use the sub belt (the one that goes to the floor) and you have stock or stock type seats, you wil have to cut a hole in them for the belt to come up through. Contraty to what people beleive, it is not to keep you from sliding out from under the lap belt, its to keep the lap belt in your lap when the shoulder harnesses are attached and tightened. I use just the lap belt most of the time unless it get really hairy, then I break out the shoulder harnesses, they keep you from doing much moving, only thing you can do is turn your head.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

5. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i have to agree with the others on this one. i dont use the shoulder straps unless im getting crazy offroad or im on a road trip that doesnt require alot of movement in the cab. they definitely restrict movement and in a k5 you cant see where the tires are as easily as you can in some other rigs. they dont sell 4 pt harnesses, that i know of, you just omit the crotch strap. and if you are installing a cage its the only way to go for belts. they look cool too.

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have run in some of the Tough Truck competetions, and you get thrown around quite a bit, and I wanted something tight to keep me from bouncing around

Money--&gt;Blazer

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well, I have had five point harnesses in my rig for several years and only used the shoulder harnesses and sub belt a few times. You can't move with them on but are required when mud racing in some sanctioned events so that's why I put them in. I bought my poly seats and RCI harnesses from Summitt for about $300 for both sets. The others that have them are right about the lap belt being the only thing used on an every day basis.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush