Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HAROLD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Muddytazz, May 26, 2004.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold the computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.

As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?"

He replied, "It was an ID ten T error."

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that . in case I need to fix it again?"

The computer guy grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"

"No," I replied.

"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."
    So I wrote out ........ I D 1 0 T

I used to like Harold...

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That's a classic one but I tend to phrase it a little different. I will send someone to get me an ID 10 Tango form for something.

Or.... Chemlight Batteries

Or.... Ten foot of flight line

and the even maybe

keys to the HMMWV /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But all of that is considered hazing now so I can't do it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

LMAO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

what an ID10T /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. devilsquid

devilsquid Registered Member

Stand by...CGU-11's on approach.....
    (Sea G U 11)
    that one always cracks me up.....
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

In the technology world we call them Layer 8 issues, or PEBCAK's (or PEBMAC's.)

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard (or Mouse And Chair.)

-- A

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    and the even maybe

keys to the HMMWV

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, they always had keys when I was in the military. Usually attaching the steering wheel lock cable with a padlock but they needed keys still. Of course there is always the master key, er bolt cutters...

9. 79Stomper

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    and the even maybe

keys to the HMMWV

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, they always had keys when I was in the military. Usually attaching the steering wheel lock cable with a padlock but they needed keys still. Of course there is always the master key, er bolt cutters...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen like one or two ever locked up though. All you had to do was crank on the wheel a few good times and the cable lock was gone. Or a half inch wrench would work too.

10. kennyw

I've never seen one that wasnt locked when not in use. But the National Guard trucks are parked more then they are driven anyway.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's a classic one but I tend to phrase it a little different. I will send someone to get me an ID 10 Tango form for something.

Or.... Chemlight Batteries

Or.... Ten foot of flight line

and the even maybe

keys to the HMMWV /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But all of that is considered hazing now so I can't do it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to send the new green Airmen over to Medical Supply for some falopian tubing. The'd immediately know it was a joke and mess with 'em.

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yea..the worst thing they ever did was actually give a battery the nomenclature." B A Eleven Hundred November" Must have ben done by someone who had it pulled on them once or twice.

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

We used to send the new green Airmen over to Medical Supply for some falopian tubing. The'd immediately know it was a joke and mess with 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

its kind of funny you say this. the UH-1N, Huey has a set of stainless tubes that fork out like a "Y" they are for the emergency fire bottles for the engines. they are nicknamed antlers, or falopian tubes. we sent a "green" mech over to a visiting brit unit that had a bell 212 (read civi model of UH-1N) and asked if they had a spare #2 side falopian tube. the brits didnt think it was to funny. we got a kick out of it.
    Grant

16. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

"Go to the cleaning gear locker and get some K9P"

"Go to HAZMAT and get some rotor wash"

"Go to HAZMAT and get some pneumatic fluid. Part number is BA Eleven-hundred N" -we actually made a label for this, on a water-filled bottle in our HAZMAT locker...

"Go to Flightline and get a stack of 6113's" -6113 is the MOS for CH-53E mechanics, and asking for a stack of them will find you at the bottom of a rapidly-growing pile of them...

"Go to Avionics and get the 3-electron-gun tester from them" -this was a dead Sony Watchman that someone painted yellow (like other test gear) and attached a dummy cannon plug to...

17. 79Stomper

Another favorite of mine is a PRC E-(insert grade) PRC E-6 . Being in communications alot of mine deal with nomenclature similarities of equipment we use. Sent one kid to the infantry side of the ship and had him ask for a PRC E-5. Man o man what a day that was for him.

18. kennyw

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Considering PRC is pronounced "PRICK" /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif