Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

harryh3/wintergrill cover

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Nov 29, 2001.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

to harryh3 and all others interested, a winter grill cover simular to what semis use is available from sears.you can get it through their mail order automotive catalog. it is made by deflectashield and hi-quality. it also comes with a summer use bug cover.hope this helps interested parties.far as i know they are the only makers i have found for this product.
    darren olander
    1979 chevy cheyene blazer
    350/350
    gettin' down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x
    4 play !

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I personally don't care for the DeflectaShield ones, I don't think they would last nearly as long as the Lund ones. And for the prices they charge for em, you could easily make your own "screen" if you were concerned about bugs, etc. and save a lot of money! We sell way more of the Lund Cold Fronts than the DeflectaShield combo covers...

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Thanks big_d! I just ordered a set of the Lund clip-on covers from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.autoaccessory.com>www.autoaccessory.com</a> about 3 hours ago. Got a smokin' deal! Thanks Keith! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

A piece of card board in front of the radiator is what I use when it gets super cold here.Most of the winter I run a piece that covers 3/4 of the rad.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    <font color=red>As I replied to the other ? about grill covers, make it out of heavy cardboard. It will last the entire winter, PLUS you can draw teeth, fangs, blood, whatever on it. Just to keep the yuppies scared properly, hehe.</font color=red>

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I have the Lund Cold Fronts for the Dodge (diesel) and am happy with them. If I were to do it again though, I might just save the money and slide a mudflap between the intercooler and the radiator. The mudflaps (like for a semi) are cheap and much more duarble than cardboard.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Have you looked under the hood of a newer truck? Can't hardly find the radiator on the wife's '94 Suburban! [​IMG] Can't easily get at it from the top or the bottom. [​IMG] I do have a piece of cardboard on the S-Jimmy. Works like a charm. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...