Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has a SM465 ever slipped into gear?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Jun 16, 2001.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

I know my transmission has not, but I have a neighbour who doesn't like the fact that I run my truck until it is warm. I come out and start it up and go back inside for about 5-7 minutes while it warms up. So my neighbour came over today ranting and raving about how it could slip into gear and get away from me. Now if he is correct, I'll see that it never happens again, but I have never heard of a standard transmission (especially an SM465) "popping" into gear while sitting in neutral (with the e-brake on) warming up.

Let me know what you think.

(Sorry, I am a little grumpy about someone bad mouthing my pride and joy)

Thanks a lot for listening guys!

Rod

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://72blazerod.coloradok5.com>http://72blazerod.coloradok5.com</A>

2. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

It won't pop into gear. Is he worried about it rolling? Maybe he doesn't like to listen to it run. Or maybe overly concerned about the nations energy supply. You may have to ask him what he is really mad about.

3. tshiko

tshiko Registered Member

Your neighbor is a complete idiot. The truck could always roll out of the driveway, but that could only happen if you don't put your parking brakes on and it has nothing to do with the engine running.

4. kiley

kiley Registered Member

My grandfather had problems with his early 70's chevy pickups with auto trannys slipping into reverse while running. Never heard of a manual tranny slipping into gear.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Rod I think the only slipping going on is your neighbors cheese slipping off his cracker. I don't think its even possible for a manual to 'slip' into gear. Ever tried to force it into gear without the clutch? Didn't think so.

It sounds like yer neighbor and mine should get together and compare stamp collections or something, whatever it is that really anal retentive morons do with their spare time.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

6. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Just tell him to say <font color=red>NO</font color=red> to DRUGS. .[​IMG]

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Ditto everyone who has siad that there's no way a manual transmission can slip into gear while the truck isn't moving. This is a problem that plagued the F*rd guys in the middle to late '70s and I have heard of some rather dubious tales of GM tranmissions slipping out of Park into Reverse (the Nader Commission that investigated F*rd also investigated GM and C#rysl@r and found the Turbo-Hydramatics and Torque Flights to not have the problems the F*rds had).

I think maybe your neighbor needs to be educated on the fact that this is *not* a F*rd and it has a manual transmission in it anyhow.

8. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

You have a lulu living next to you to hey? Just a bunch of old crank-pots with nothing better to do.

Hey Rene, how is your new truck coming along. What a wild trip. James (79Jimmy) and I watched your progress the whole way down and back. It was great! We were really filled with pride at the out pouring of kindness our Blazer/Jimmy bretheren showed, it was just classy. Any way good luck with the new project!

Get James to let me know the next time you guys all get on the chat-room together, I want to join in too! We should all get together some time this summer. I' love to meet you, check out your ride and BS a little.

Take Care,

Rod

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://72blazerod.coloradok5.com>http://72blazerod.coloradok5.com</A>

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Rod...the best neighbor is a 6' fence![​IMG] My neighbor cuts his tiny patch of grass with hand clippers...he won't let the landscapers touch it! The slightest bit of dirt on his driveway just sends him over the edge.

The trip was very cool! I was very amazed at the response from people I met on my trip and also the anount of interest it generated...I can honestly say the trip has restored my faith in humanity. Its funny how the media never does a story on all the good people out there.

I'm not sure about James, but I can usually be found in the chat room most evenings on the weekend. Usually from about 8:30 pm to about 10 pm. You gotta be able to type fast though, it gets crazy some nights![​IMG]

I'd really like to meet the both of you one day soon...its kinda sad I've met more CK5er's from Texas than I have from BC.

The new truck is not geting much done lately, I've been somewhat financially embarrassed[​IMG] which makes it hard to do damn near anything. At least my job situation has improved so the money will come.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>