Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has any one put a truck cab on a blazer frame

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5BLT4FUN, Oct 11, 2003.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am considering putting a truck cab on my blazer frame. Has anyone done this? If so, what is involved? Do you have any pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Frizzliefry did...

[​IMG]

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

TJ (denver75k5) did...

[​IMG]

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I did here's a few pics. Even whacked down a box to fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its pretty much a bolt on affair. Makes for a really short bed pickup if you go with a box. I cut my box down with a skilsaw. Neighbors really loved that... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

backyardbuilt did, his truck is sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those creations are really cool. I gotta try tha one day. I like my shortbox truck for now though.

6. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a freind who put a mazda cab on his k5 frame. He cut the frame infront of the front spring mount and behind the rear spring mount and the frame still sticks out a little in front. He is goung to mount the radiater behind the cab and fab up some body mounts. I dont know where he is at this point but we figured the toughest part would be to connect the steering collumn and the pedals. It's going to turn out to be a great trail rig. I think the body was like 12" narrower and with the Hummer wheels at full back spacing he is 8" narower at the wheels. The bed is only going to be about 3' long. Its definately a monster.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Layne, I've got an '88 V30 cab for you to use. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. OffRoadOhio

OffRoadOhio Registered Member

A buddy of mine put an s-10 cab on. if the pic doesnt work Click Here
    [​IMG]

9. K5BLT4FUN

Thanks for the info. I am looking to put stock Chevy/GMC cab on my blazer frame. I would like to design a combination flatbed and tube/exo-cage to make the bed utilitarian. I want to make my rig a support vehicle with on board air, under hood welder and plenty of room for spare parts to fix my rig or others on the trail. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. K5BLT4FUN

What did you have to do to mount the cab to the blazer frame? Is the rear truck cab mounts in the same place as the blazer cab area rear mount? Please list some details. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I will help ya out when you come over today. It is real easy to do. I had no idea what to do when I started but it went together so easy I could not believe I was worried when I started the project. Hardest part is getting the blazer tub off.

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

EZ WY ,hopefully you find a cab that was 4 wheel drive. if not you'll have to cut a hole like i did.a flat bed would be easy,i have the origianal fenders,so i didn't have to move the rear bumper. weld or have someone weld a frame for the cab support. my friend john used hockey pucks and threaded dowl rod.it felt like we were driving a water bed. do it right . i did it that's why i put /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif