Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anybody cut rubber H1 runflats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by josh86k10, Jun 13, 2006.

?

Which runflat beadlock ring to use?

1. Buy the the conveyor belt rings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Use the stock Rubber runflats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cut down and use the stock rubber runflats

20.0%
  4. Mandatory nekkid option

80.0%
  1. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

My 12 bolt H1 rims are recentered and I'll be putting the 39.5 TSL's on them soon. As always, funds are tight, so I am weighing my options. A conveyor supplier in Nashville will set me up with 1/2" conveyor belt beadlock rings (cut to width, length, and laced together) for around $26 per wheel. I've seen some made from 3/8" belt on tennesseeoffroad.com and they appeared to work great ( http://bb.tennesseeoffroad.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=000640 ). But, that involves me measuring, coughing up some cash, and driving 3 hours to Nashville and 3 hours back. I've already got the rubber runflats that came in them sitting here, so they would be the cheapest option. Should I just run them intact or will I cut a sidewall? Would the rubber ones work cut down, like the magnesium ones? (3 of them are 2 piece, one is 1 piece) Opinions?

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

2. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

dude i had thoes in my 325/85 16s ... i cut them with a saw zaw...:hack: i cut the O to make a C and then just kinda wound it out of the tire. I dont know how the hell you guys get them out whole. I dont like watching my bead stretching that much.

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

2 ratchet straps, grease and a tanker bar

I can break down and reassemble a HMMWV rim and tire assembly in about an hour and a half. When you squeeze the run flat in half they pop in and out pretty easily.

EDIT: in answer to josh's question, no you will not cut a sidewall running them as they are