Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has Anybody else wrecked their blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazentank, Nov 20, 2001.

1. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

Has any body else had the bad experience of wrecking their blazer like me. I am bored so tell me your story and post pics if you have any then check out my pics in my profile

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Man, that hurts every time I look at those pics of the damage. Your profile says you fixed it ... where are those pics?

3. blazentank

I wrote that after the first wreck yes i have have had two wrecks. We just put the 1990 GMC suburban front clip on last night All we have left to do is replace all coolant parts and change wiring for the headlights and then get it painted and i am done.

4. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Clicky: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.lagparty.org/~mike/pics/?mode=album&amp;album=wreck&amp;dispsize=Original>The Carnage</a>

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have. Check out the pice just click on my vehicles and blazer pics. Its back together now. It has a full cage no back top no doors no windshield and most importantly a full family style cage.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

WOW!! Steph, was that yours?? [​IMG]

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No Steve...Steph just made it clicky for Mike. Waste of a nice truck!!!!

I got rear ended bad at Easter...but the damage doesn't look like much. My tailgate was wasted and my tire carrier is still pretty FUBAR...but overall it doesn't look like much happened to it unless you know where to look.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I flipped my 69 when the center pin on the front axel broke on a gravel road after wheelin'. The tire move back and it the fender put me into an unsteerable side slide, hit a rock and bada-bing, there she goes.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>

10. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I mowed down 3 fence posts once and went up a verry steap bank. The damage was verry minimal. It cost me about 800 total to fix it. The most expensive part to replace was the bumper becuase I wanted the truck to be fixed perfect... Thats all i have ever done.

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

11. blazentank

Man mike that looks terrible I fell lucky now, how fast were you going atleast 60+. Were you injured, how did it happen

12. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

no way to tell for sure how fast I was going (was taking a nap when it happened) but at least 50mph... I got pretty messed up, broke my femur so now I have a titanium rod in it, my spleen busted and they had to remove it, i have a huge scar on my forehead from hitting the steering wheel, my right elbow was cut real bad and had to be stapled, my belly has a scar from below my belly button to about my ribcage that they had to staple (from surgery) and I have lots of scars &amp; incisions on my left leg &amp; knee.. been almost 2 years (dec 21, 1999) and now my leg is all messed up i need to have that rod taken out it bothers me.. worst of all the 8 days in the hospital cost $90K .. if you look at the steering wheel you can see how/why my leg broke.. miss that truck but in some ways it was good cuz my project truck even in its current state is bigger &amp; better, only doesnt look as cool (for now anyway)... $hiT happens :)

mike

13. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I've got a wreck pick, check these out. This happened when I was a kid, but still....!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/...gh compression engines take longer to start!"

14. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang

15. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I personally didn't do any damage to my truck, but the guy that owned it before me had it up on its roof 3 weeks after he bought it.
    John trashed our 89 'vette, the day I gave birth to second child 10-7-97, he left the hospital to pick up the 1st born, and a bee came in window, stung him in the neck, he flinched, jerked the wheel, caught the right back tire on a curb, swung back, car coming, swung back again, over compensated, caught the curb again hit the guard rail, spun the car around slammed the ass end into the retaining wall across the road, and bounced back into the guard rails. All said and done, he drove it home, VERY pi**ed... rear axle was shot, tires were wobblilng like a weeble wobble, called the cops, insurance company, the adjuster was new, never done a 'vette before. Basically said the car was fixable. we brought it to our body guy, with the insurance estimate of 14k, ended up when all said in done, insurance paid 18k, best part-----

two weeks outta the shop, we traded it for the Burb!!!

gotta find the pics,

--Brandy

IF ONLY THE 4 YEAR OLD COULD TURN A WRENCH
    1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear 12 bolt dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305-

16. blazentank

Mike your very lucky to be alive. I got very lucky in my wreck not a bump or bruise on me. Neck was a little stiff the next day but that is all.

17. blazentank

Any More

18. blazentank

ANY BODY ELSE

19. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Well about a year ago I was driving odnw the main road in town and got distracted by acop which had pulled a guy over in a station wagon who had piled i would say a couple hundred punds of lumber and plywood on to the top of his car and it had fallen off. So while I am looking at that up above is a stop light I had looked up and it turned green I looked back over at the cop and the dumbass in the station wagon and then I looked in front of me again and noticed the dumb broad in the toyota truck hadnt gone when the light turned green I tried to stop as I skidded right into her pickup bed. I got a ticket but she should of got a ticket afterall she was slowing down traffic. I damaged my front bumper and broke my stock grill and made a small dent in my left fender but her soda can crushed pretty good I think the frame on her truck was bent. But hey I got almost 2 grand to fix my truck with and still had money left over for xms stuff.

1985 GMC JIMMY

20. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

I didn't have a wreck but off roading we hit a hole so hard with the K5 that we bent the frame real bad. ( I was not driving). Passengers went flying into the windshield and roof.( Yes it hurt) Was not pretty. The hole could not be seen as it was covered . It looked shallow but ended up being quite deep. This is WHY we ended up chaging the truc. Had to do from the frame up

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
    nia.com
    </a>