Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

has anybody ever heard of fullthrottlesuspension.com in cali?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Sep 18, 2002.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

well?? have you? they make 9 and 12" suspension lifts for the IFS trucks. A friend of mine saw it and wants to get it. I am wondering if the are any good? I never heard of them. just wondering?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> They are parking lot queen lifts. Very flimsy, a buddy of mine in Bakersfield saw one in a shop doen there on a truck that didn't appear to be abused and the center ection was split clean in half. Happened while driving down the freeway. That much lift is way too much for an IFS Chevy. The nicest kit that I've seen is the Dick Cepek stage II, very beefy, 6.5" lift. It should fit 35s with the right rims. Add a 3" Body lift and run wide 36s, but I don't recommend it, that's too much tire for an IFS Chevy. </font color>

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Tell your buddy don't waste any time with an IFS lift if he wants to run any tire bigger than a 35". He needs to do a straight axle conversion. He can buy the brackets he needs from Offroad Unlimited in Burbank, Ca. for about 750.00 and collect the rest of the parts (ie axle,steering, springs) from different sources that are a lot less expensive. Just my .02 worth.

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Or as we call them around my parts..."highway queens." /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt want to be on the highway with one /forums/images/icons/grin.gif They would most likley fall apart in front of me /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif .

John