Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

has anybody figured out how to fix DW ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UNCLE CRACKER, Mar 17, 2002.

1. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

i have a dana 60 front end and i have death wobble and i cant figure it out.the caster is set at 5.5 degrees and there is no play in the wheel bearings or the trunions. it has 1 stabilizer on it and ORD cross over steering. the toe is set at 1/8 in. i have gone through and checked all of the tourque specs in the entire front end. i even checked the frame for any cracks around the steering box. DOES ANYBODY NO HOW TO FIX THIS. do i need another stabilizer or mabey a track bar im not sure. ive seen the other DW post but there was no real answer to fixing this muddog91 added a hydro assist and said he would let us no how it worked but he hasent posed anthing yet.

2. 1BAD88

1BAD88 Registered Member

I replaced my wheel bearings and power steering pump and a new stablizer and it cured my DW on a 10 bolt axle ...I dont know if there is a sure fix for the d-60 yet .........

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Hey sorry I havent posted back after the hydro steer install,been busy setting up some gears in my brothers 94 firebird..........not a job id wish on my worst enemy,theres nothing like being able to sit under a vehicle and working.Anyways since the hydro steer install I have not noticed a single wobble.In fact it feels so much more solid all around.No bump steer at all and no death wobble at all.It steers like a sports car now.Cant wait to get it off road with the locked front!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure if its a fix for everyone but it worked for me.I wasnt running a stabilizer before either but ive heard if you run 2 stabiliaers not on top of each other but 1 on each side it works good too.