Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anybody seen my old friend?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tin man, Apr 17, 2005.

1. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

I have often wondered what happened to my old truck. When I moved to Az. four years ago, my truck caught fire on the way. I was forced to total it out. I couldn't do anything to save it because of money constraints. Anyway, It all happened in Canyonville OR. I would imagine that my truck went to a wrecking yard in Eugene OR. It was an 85 K5, 4" lift, 33" tires (mismatch), 3/4 ton running gear, Pioneer Stereo w/CD changer, CB w/dual antennas, indy slot wheels, and a bunch more stuff. The paint was Tan top and botton with the red stripe down the middle. I had also painted the grill red to match. I had also etched a chevy bowtie in the back window. Like I said, it caught fire, in the engine compartment because the Tranny blew the main seal and sprayed fluid on the manifold.

I know it is a long shot, but I was hoping to find out that one somebody was able to pick it up and save it. It would make me feel alot better to know if it was still around. This picture is before some of the mods above but, it will give you a good idea of what it looked like. Thanks for reading everybody. :laugh:

1985.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Did it have a custom roof rack and a custom built 14Bff that was converted to 6 lug?

3. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

Nope. It had a stock roof rack, and plain old D60 and D44. That is what it had when I had it. I'll try to find a picture.

4. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

finally found a picture.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The picture shows a 10 bolt rear. :confused:

6. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

Like I said in my original post, "This picture is before some of the mods above but, it will give you a good idea what it looked like."

I couldn't find a more current pic. I had a hard enough time finding this one.

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Not me, but like the etched rear window!