Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has ANYBODY seen.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slodawg, Jun 21, 2000.

1. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

hEY I'm just wondering what happened to eagle86K5? He wanted the spare tire rack of the back of my 86K5, I sent it to him and it was returned (unopened) saying it was denied reciving. I havent seen him on here in while and wonder what's up. I dearly hope nothing happend to him but I also want to know if I'm out the $17.85 it cost to ship it or not. Thanks Slodawg

[​IMG]

2. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Not sure about Eagle but what do you want for the rack?

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

About a month ago, a few of the guys started attacking Eagle86 about his membership in the Masons and accused him of being rude on post replies. Too bad, because where I come from we are all entitled to our beliefs without fear of persecution or mockery. And I think Eagle is pretty funny, myself! Anyway, since then I've noticed that his participation in the group has lessened, and I can't really blame him. If I was attacked for my beliefs, I would probably be less inclined to share my knowledge with others as well. You could try to leave him aprivate message....I'm sure he still drops by every so often.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Post deleted by BlazerGuy

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Yo Eagle86k5,

Come back around ! I've always enjoyed talking with you in here and like myself, you brought a litle comedy into this site. If you go, you won't get to here me begging for those rear window latches ! Hahahahahah ! I got em in the mail today, now I have 8 spares ! Thanks for the offer though.

Hope to hear from you again real soon !

L8r,

.Riz.

6. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Well I didnt know about the people pickin on him. That is sorta sh*tty. Everybody is titled to their own beliefs. I'm not a mason but I've got a couple good friends who are and they are not weird or different. A mason is a type of men's organization like the Elks Lodge or the Shriners (riche cunningham's dad on Happy Days was in one) That's all I really know about it. If I can't get ahold of him the tire rack I've got is still for sale. He was gonna give me $40.00 for it plus shipping it was $57.85 to ship it from my home (Arkansas) to Ohio.give it a day or 2 and hollar back at me if he aint let me know something it's first come first serve. (its supposedly a stock tire rack off an 86 blazer):: attachment

[​IMG]

7. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

I know he was supposed to be installing a new crate motor this summer. but that is all I know

Eagle where you at????

8. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

You know what pisses me off is the people trashing him for being in the Masons. My father is in the Masons and he gets trashed all the time too about it being a cult and stuff. You know like SLOWDAWG said "everyone is entitled to there own beliefs."

9. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'd like to reply to this one too, if you'll permit me. Having read alot of the discussions Eagle was involved in, I was going to email Eagle but decided to stay out of it. IMHO, I think Eagle was one of the most knowledgeable guys on the board and I liked (most of the time) when I saw that he replied to a post because he could usually clear up the question with his experiences. He also seemed like a very generous guy. Numerous times, I saw him offer to send a part he had to someone in need for free! However, the reason I was going to email him was to offer him one suggestion; to "tone it down" sometimes. All I mean is that while the vast majority of his replies were informative and helpful, I could see how some could have rubbed people the wrong way.

Anyway, I agree with the rest that no one should be driven off this board unless Steve decides they should be off. I have seen a number of people come and disappear again after a disagreement.

Anyway, hope to see you back Eagle86

Brian
    89KBlazer

10. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Just to answer yalls question where Eagle is, he is on vacation right now. He'll be back at the end of this month. He's down in the VA area right now. He was suppose to come by and pick up some seats I had for him, but I think I replied to his email a bit late. He left on June 15. So pretty much he is ok and having a good time right now and yall are right, he is a good guy, no doubt about that and very informative too.
    Boss

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I think I remember him saying something about a sailing trip with some friends? Duno if it was along one or what but as youall mentioned he is a valuable resource to us all, just like everyone else, new guys and old..........
    Raceism comes in all shapes and forms in color and religion, I personally think that sucks! Are blood is red and were all gonna die someday so live life in a positive way, Acunamatda, no worries(I have two young kids I couln't help it[​IMG])

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

12. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats the best way to put it,,,ACUNAMATADA! It's a problem free philosopy.. (i've got two kids too when they seen the post they had an instant response)
    P.S.( by the way I'll give him a little longer on the tire rack. He said he really wanted it, if he don't its back for sale.) Slodawg

[​IMG]

13. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I left for vacation and gave the shipping guy a check for the amount you said. I was hoping to get back to find it here. I will find out in the morning just what happened. I hope you can send it back I will be here to get it let me know how much extra to make the check out for as I do not wish you to incur any additional expense on my behalf. I am sorry for the inconvience and still hope I can get the carrier from you. Thanks...Ray

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1