Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone delt with this guy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klef72K5, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

He was on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. His name is Charlie Adams. His Ebay name is SEACOASTSURPLUS. He sells all kinds of military stuff. He has positive feedback. Anyways I ordered some axles from him Jan.15 and haven't received them yet and was wondering if any of you have heard of him.

2. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have you tried requesting his contact information from Ebay? If you do you could call him if he is not answering your e-mail.

3. evilandangry

evilandangry 1/2 ton status

Yes I know this "gentleman" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif He has witheld, changed, delayed and basicly been a jerk to several people that I know. I have a friend in CA. that is STILL waiting for another set of axles from this guy (7 months now). Good luck with this @ss.

4. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I haven't dealt with him personally, but he has a pretty decent rep in the military vehicle circle. Have you tried emailing him, or calling him? I would give him a call just to find out whats going on and see if he got your payment ok. Weather has been pretty shity there and he did say the trucks needed to be parted out.
    cheers, rugger

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Read his feedback on Ebay. Lots of negatives about the same problem. He does state that he is away for a few weeks at a time and I doubt he would still be up if he was not "eventually" delivering so as mentioned above, keep trying to contact him.

6. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

He is an eBay powerseller... he should be a good guy to get that. I bet if you contact him you will get some answers. For now I say the benefit of the doubt should be given. Only because he appears to have the feedback to back up he is a good seller...

8. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

that link you posetd is his buyer account, try looking for a seacoast surplus style name, or charlie adams, he has 2 ebay accounts. one to buy, and one to sell.

9. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

The link I posted was another guy that had bought off of him and claims to had the same kind of problem that Klef is having. Or at least thats what I tried to post /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

I have talked to the guy on the phone and he did say he got the money order on 1/21/03. When I called the post office to see if it had been cashed (2/12/03) it hadn't yet. I seems weird that he hasn't yet and would not return phone calls or emails. I read that in one of his negitive feedbacks the guy said if you pester him that he basically jacks you off. Unfortantually I didn't read that until I started pestering him. I actually thought since he was a power seller and had mostly positive feedback that he would be decent. My bad I guess!

11. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

This guy is a jack ass. I am the one that evilandangry is talking about.

I ordered two sets from him. Took 9 months and me flying to NH to get them.

I would NEVER do business with him again. He ships when he feels like it.

He has trashed his rep in the Mil Vehicles list, BTW.

12. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

Well he finally cashed the postal money orders! Now what can I do legally? Anyone live in New Hampshire?

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

File mail fraud charges against him with the USPS. They don't mess around. They will peruse it as a federal offense. I can guarantee this guy will call you up quick to get it resolved. Best of luck to you, sorry it turned out he is a slug...

14. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

Well, good luck. He states if you're a PITA you will have to wait. Being a pain means trying to get your stuff out of him.
    The man moves at his own pace and is a lying sack of [censored].
    I called the Postal Inspectors for mail fraud. They really didn't do anything.

There's a gent in the Mil email list that is waiting for Gamma Goat parts. I think he says it's been about 2 years now.

15. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I emailed him and also left a message on his answering machine this past weekend to let him know that he has until Wednesday to to contact me. I'm going to file fraud charges.

Now what I need is people who has had trouble with this guy, like Grendel. I thought I talked to someone who was also still waiting for their parts. The form ask for anyone who has had problems with this guy.

Thanks, Klef72k5