Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone done a write up on...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stomper, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

the 14 ff disc brake conversion? I did a search on "14 ff disc brake" and it is so popular, it seems to be in every post but not what I'm looking for/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif THANKS!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Stomper /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Yes, there is a write-up. As a matter of fact, it is probably one of the BEST and MOST COMPLETE technical write-ups I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Where is it did you ask? Well, it is in the member's forum. Pay your $25 for a CK5 membership and you will have all the knowledge you need for the brake conversion. Pretty small price to pay for a good cause, if you ask me!

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

TSM small write-up

I bought the kit of TSM eons ago. I wouldn't buy it again because it cost $300 and you can get just the brackets for a lot cheaper from a bunch of different people.
    The rotors (for MY kit) were 1980 Ford F250 4x4 front rotors with the hole for the stud drilled out to 9/16". The calipers are standard GM front calipers.

Note: Some brackets are spaced differently to use GM rotors - just find out from whomever you buy the bracket from what rotor to use. I was just telling you which one mine uses.

Depending on 100 different things, you may or may not have to install a small proportioning valve into the rear lines to avoid the rears locking up prematurely. That is something you have to find out post disc conversion.
    It's not too bad really. You'll really like the discs.
    -- Mike

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

There are quite a few writeups in there. Well worth the cash.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have less than $200 invested in brand new parts in my Disk Brake setup. PM Derbinator, Misfit or 45acp for brackets. I have Derbinator's brackets, Chevy 73 3/4 ton rotors 4x4, Chevy 73 3/4 ton 4x4 calipers and lines. That's all you need. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

disk conversion or 14 bolt disks thats what i got.easy to do.just a matter of getting all the parts together which is my problem.not so much the parts but i have to have the cadi calipers and money to buy the parts is kinda scarce.

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

8. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Thanks everyone!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.....I just ordered my membership...Been meening to do it but you know how it goes /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Stomper /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. Alaska Offroad

Alaska Offroad Registered Member

There is some info here if your still interested.