Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone ever changed out the gas hose on a 73k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kwcdawgfan, Feb 14, 2001.

1. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

Guy putting on my new tires the other day noticed mine is starting to look like it is dry rotted / cracked up near the top... I havent looked under there yet out of dread since I seem to remember alot of plates on the gas tank etc... The answer I am looking for goes something like.. Its real simple shouldnt take more than 20 minutes... LOL... Also I called Autozone and they didnt have it... Any suggestions...

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Are you talking about the one for the main fill tube? It ISN'T that hard to do, once you get the thing off. It's basically like a radiator hose. If it's the one that actually goes to teh fuel pump, well....that ones not so easy.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

3. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

Yeah its the main gas hose for the tank

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I had trouble getting my arms in between the bed and tank to get it off. And then I couldn't find a replacement. I ended up going to a local rubber supply place in town.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I need to change mine on my 73 as well, it leaks when full which is rare. My other problem is I have trouble putting gas in it. The pump keeps shutting off because of the presure. I have to barley press the gas nozzle lever and it takes me forever to put gas in. I'm hoping by replacing the tube that will change. More opinions please.

PRAY FOR SNOW!