Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone ever done ball joints of a ferd??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by protechk5, Oct 26, 2004.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

iam working on my friends 94 bronco doing his ball joints, and i cant figure out how the 2nd top nuts comes off http://www.off-road.com/ford/bigbroncos/pics/12.jpg, got the first one off, but now i cant get the second one off, it like a different werid size, like 1 5/16 or something, has anyone ever done this before??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I bet some one has done it
    but I would go ask on a Ford board to find them

3. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

That is not a “2nd top nut.” /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It is an alignment eccentric, and is tapered on the inside where the ball joint taper seats. You can just pull it out once the ball joint taper is freed up. I can’t tell from your picture if you have removed the hub, spindle snout, and drive axle, but you have to, to remove the steering upright and then press out the ball joints. If you want the best, get the high-end ball joints from NAPA that have the blue rubber seals. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

ok i got it out and everything, but should those be replaced? go just go back in how they came out??