Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Has anyone ever done this to their front springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fulltopblazer, May 30, 2002.

1. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I broke the bolt through the spring pack on my front springs a couple of weekends ago and finally got around to fixing it today and I was wandering if anyone had ever turned the bottom spring upside down and put it back on ? I know some people do this to the rear but I haven't heard of anyone doing it to the front. My spings are 6" lift springs and they are kinda stiff i thought this might help it twist a little better. Thanks in advance.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Wouldn't that negate any clearance in the front? Espescially hanging out in the front and back?

3. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i dont know if it would make a diff. up front i know it works in the rear cuz the one you turn upside down is your overload leaf therefore allowing you to flex your rear to get negative arch and therefore allowing you to flex alot more, up front i dont think you have an overload spring so you should be able to get negative arch already

4. fulltopblazer

The bottom leaf is almost flat and is real short I don't think it would cause any clearance problems. It probably wouldn't change anything not to mention it would probably look funny

5. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Nice Truck! Sorry to change the subject but....

Did you put those sliding windows on that full top? I thought the sliders came along after the partial tops were used. If you did it, can you tell me of any problems I should look for. I'm putting mine on this weekend.

Thanks.

6. fulltopblazer

They are no problem to install. Their is a locking strip in the middle of the gasket once you remove that it allows the gasket to open up and you can remove the solid window by pushing it out from the inside. Once it is out spray some foaming glass cleaner around the gasket to lubericate it before installing the new window. I normally start putting the new window in at the lower rear corner. I use what is called a fiber stick to work the slider into the gasket, but you could probably use a flat tip screwdriver just be careful and keep it lubricated. Once you get it in their is a special tool made for installing the locking strip called a lace tool I'm not sure where you can buy one of these you might check at parts house. If not check with a glass shop. Hope this helps